Safeway Inc. relies on skilled pharmacy technicians to make our pharmacies
the best in the business. If you are interested in applying for a pharmacy
technician position with any of our companies, apply in person at one
of our stores. For information on store locations you may Click Here.
Some positions may be posted under Pharmacy Employment Opportunities.
Our pharmacy technicians provide superior customer service under the supervision of licensed pharmacists,
performing non-discretionary tasks related to the preparation and distribution of prescription medication(s)
in compliance with company policies and procedures, state and federal law, and state board of pharmacy regulations.
Pharmacy technicians assist graduate interns, pharmacy interns, or pharmacists with the following (as authorized by state board of pharmacy regulations):
- Receive refill requests for prescriptions from patients and medical practitioners
- Record information in patient profiles
- Retrieve, count, or pour prescription medications provided a pharmacist verifies accuracy of the final product prior to dispensing the prescription medication to the patient
- Prepackage prescription medications under the supervision of a pharmacist in compliance with state board of pharmacy regulations
- Comply with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements
You must be a high school graduate or equivalent, and have fulfilled any state board of pharmacy licensing requirements.