Digital Accessibility Policy
Last Updated: September 10, 2018
It is the policy of the Albertsons Companies ("Albertsons") that our online shopping websites, mobile applications, and other digital content should be accessible to customers with disabilities including the blind and visually impaired. Albertsons actively participates in the Accessibility Assurance Program™ of American Foundation for the Blind and has developed this Policy towards achieving its accessibility goals.
Albertsons has adopted the W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Level AA as our accessibility standard for all online products and services that Albertsons designs, develops and/or procures. We continually work to ensure, to the extent practicable, that new online products and services satisfy Level A and AA Success Criteria set forth in the WCAG 2.0.
While we strive to make Albertsons’ websites, mobile applications, and other digital assets as accessible as possible, our pages may not always show no errors on online testing or validation tools. For example, our approach to using image alternate text attributes includes keeping redundancies to a minimum, so we will sometimes opt to use empty alt attributes rather than duplicate content on the page.
Albertsons urges third-party vendors providing content on our websites, mobile applications and other digital assets to adhere to WCAG Level AA and considers conformance with this standard when selecting third party vendors. Some third-party content that appears on our websites and mobile applications may be outside of our ability to control, however.
This Policy applies to all websites, mobile applications and other digital content owned and operated by Albertsons.
To achieve our accessibility goal, Albertsons also looks to the following best practices:
- Albertsons has a designated Manager, Digital Compliance & Production, who is responsible for overseeing Albertsons’ digital accessibility efforts and serves as a resource for the teams involved in developing and maintaining our digital content.
- Albertsons provides accessibility training and other forms of learning content to the teams responsible for developing and maintaining our digital content so that they have the knowledge and experience needed to implement the standard outlined in this Policy.
- Albertsons assigns specific tasks to each of the major teams involved in the application and content development life-cycle to ensure, to the extent readily achievable, that we meet the accessibility standards. These tasks include design reviews, standards-based development, and quality assurance testing with assistive technology.
- Albertsons conducts monthly automated scans and periodic manual evaluations to monitor, analyze and help repair accessibility issues found in our web applications and digital content. The results of this monthly testing are reviewed in detail with independent accessibility consultants on a quarterly basis.
- Albertsons has procedures in place designed to ensure content is created and maintained in conformance with the WCAG 2.0 AA, including regular testing.
We welcome questions or concerns about the accessibility of any of Albertsons' websites, mobile applications, or other digital assets. Please contact email@example.com or call Accessibility Support at 1.877.635.4833.
© 2013; 2017 - 2018 Albertsons Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2018 Albertsons Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.